Monday, May 19, 2008

ISI East: First Day

It's the first day here at ISI East. This office occupies the second floor of a building in downtown Arlington which is so near my home that the commute is hardly even a workout, which is what you want, I suppose. It took me eight minutes from helmet donning to helmet doffing in the deck. I have my own room with two whiteboards, a bookshelf, and line of sight to a partially occluded window in the office across the hall [all things more marvelous than the CRB]. The people here seem friendly, though diving right in has been difficult since all of the technical information is held by people who aren't ready to meet with me yet.

While I wait for a meeting occupying my new supervisors to end, I'm familiarizing myself with Python 3000. All of the old Python cruft has been removed. This wasn't by anyone's recommendation, but my first day at GTRI also began with Python so it's somewhat appropriate. I suppose I'll have to get a new job with the release of each major version of Python (SBIR by Python 3.5??).

--

In other news, I shared the magic that is Guinness Beer Stew with one of the roommates. I still haven't met the owner of the Wii I've been playing.

--

I like Blogger, incidentally. This may become my official permanent blog, so in the mean time you should direct yourself and any other readers here and update your links.

No comments: