Monday, April 6, 2009

Winds

Design fail: high winds bristling down Peachtree St at the 130 ft level tend to pass over and around
the balcony railings of our condo creating quite a bit of commotion. I would estimate the power spectrum has peaks at the 10 kHz frequency as well as the 5 Hz and ~100 Hz frequencies. The noise was so loud and so stationary that, at Emma's suggestion, I slept wearing ear plugs from my shooting kit. That worked for roughly two hours.

Can't we just remove the railings from the balcony during high winds?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I honestly don't think it would help unless everyone removed their's. Remember how loud it was at the elevators? We'd still hear all the units around us, so I'm not sure how much that would actually help.

Spatchcock said...

So removing our balcony railings won't solve the problem because others will still whine in the wind.

I like how this is the reason you cite for why we shouldn't do it. You're a practical girl!

Unknown said...

haha yeah my reasoning isn't at all because it's a horrifying safety issue. :-)